Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bon Voyage

I'm a few hours away from my departure. Being the avid procrastinator that I am, I'm actually still packing :( I am trying to not pack my suitcases with clothing so that I can have room to come back with things, but it doesn't seem as if that's going to work out. I may end up shedding some old things to come back with new things. That would be quite appropriate as a symbolism as to what I hope the next three months will be--shedding some of the old me and gaining a new me.

I can't remember if Dulles has free internet, but if they do, I'll finish my post at the airport. If not, then the next time I post I'll be in the motherland! The flight is 17.5 hours long non-stop so I'll have tons of time on my hands. I've purchased two new books for my journey--The Known World by Edward P. Jones and Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan which is a collection of short stories. I've always wanted to read the known world and never got around to it. I figured that Oprah's new book for her book club was befitting since it's by an African author. If anyone else reads or has read them I would love to get your opinion.

Off to complete the packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment